USE EXISTING WIRING TO CREATE A HOME NETWORK
D-Link’s PowerLine HD Ethernet Starter Kit (DHP-301) is an ideal solution for connecting computers, HD media players, game consoles, and network attached storage to your home network. By simply attaching one adapter from your router into your existing electrical system*, you can turn every power outlet into a possible network connection.
EXPAND YOUR NETWORK WITHOUT RUNNING WIRES
D-Link’s PowerLine HD Ethernet technology extends your network’s range without drilling holes into walls by utilizing your home’s existing electrical system. This device is also ideal for homes or small offices where concrete walls, successive floors in multi-storied buildings, or other architectural impediments could inhibit a wireless signal. Connect multiple devices in the farthest corners of your home by attaching a switch or wireless access point to a D-Link PowerLine HD Ethernet Adapter*.
D-Link’s PowerLine HD Ethernet Adapter transmits data reliably by intelligently adapting to the strongest signal channels. In addition to a maximum throughput rate of 200Mbps**, D-Link’s PowerLine HD Ethernet Adapters include a built-in Quality-of-Service (QoS) engine that prioritizes data packets in order to enhance HD video and audio streaming, intense online gaming, and VoIP calling. Plus, D-Link’s Powerline HD Ethernet Adapters implement 3DES encryption for securing your connection to help keep your data safe from intruders.
With hassle-free plug & play installation, D-Link’s PowerLine HD Ethernet Starter Kit (DHP-301) is an ideal solution to create a wall-to-wall home network.
WHAT THIS PRODUCT DOES
D-Link’s PowerLine HD Ethernet Starter Kit (DHP-301) takes advantage of your home’s existing electrical wiring* to create or extend a network. Turn every power outlet into a possible network connection to connect computers, digital media players, and game consoles throughout your house.
POWERLINE HD BENEFITS
- Speeds up to 200Mbps**.
- Stream HD media content across your network.
- Connect computers, game consoles, and multimedia devices to the Internet.
- Built-in QoS engine helps prioritize audio & video streaming to your Digital Media Player.
- Expand your wireless LAN by connecting an access point to achieve stronger wireless signals in remote areas.
- Secure encryption for enhanced network protection.
- Simple plug & play installation.
* Power outlets and electrical wiring must all be part of the same electrical system. Additional PowerLine HD Ethernet adapters are required to add new devices to the network.
** Maximum throughput based on theoretical data rate. Actual data throughput will vary. Network conditions and environmental factors, including volume of network traffic, and network overhead, lower actual throughput rate.
|•||32ºF to 104ºF (0°C to 40°C)|
|•||10% - 95% (Non-condensing)|
|•||FCC Class B|
|•||CE Class B|
|•||Item (WxDxH): 3.9” x 2.9” x 2.4”|
|•||Packaging (WxDxH): 10.8” x 8.1” x 3.7”|
|•||Packaging: 1.6 lbs|
|Minimum System Requirements|
|•||For Internet Connection:|
|•||Cable or DSL Modem|
|•||Internet Service Provider Subscription|
|•||Computer with Network Interface Card|
|•||For Configuration Utility|
|•||10MB Hard Disk Space|
|•||Windows XP SP2 / Windows 2000 SP4***|
|•||2 PowerLine HD Ethernet Adapters|
|•||2 Ethernet Cables|
|•||1 Quick Installation Guide|
* Maximum throughput based on theoretical data rate. Actual data throughput will vary. Network conditions and environmental factors, including volume of network traffic, and network overhead, lower actual throughput rate.
** 1-Year Warranty available only in the U.S.A and Canada.
*** Computer must adhere to Microsoft’s minimum system requirements.
**** Latest software and documentation are available at http://support.dlink.com.
All references to speed are for comparison purposes only. Product specifications, size and shape are subject to change without notice, and actual product appearance may differ from that depicted herein.