The D-Link RangeBooster N® USB Adapter (DWA-140) is an 802.11n compliant wireless client for your desktop or notebook PC. It delivers up to 12x faster speeds* and 4x farther range* than an 802.11g network while staying backward compatible with 802.11g networks. Once connected, you can share a high-speed Internet connection, photos, files, music, printers, and more.
GET CONNECTED, STAY CONNECTED
The RangeBooster N USB Adapter is powered by RangeBooster N technology to provide superb wireless performance in the home or office. Connect to a RangeBooster N Router (DIR-625) and experience smooth Internet phone calls (VoIP), responsive network gaming, secure Web surfing, faster file transfers, enhanced audio streaming, and greater wireless coverage in larger homes and offices*. The DWA-140 supports WPA™ and WPA2™ encryption that allow you to connect securely to a wireless network.
EASY TO SETUP, EASY TO USE
D-Link’s Quick Adapter Setup Wizard guides you step-by-step through the installation process. Configure this USB adapter without having to call a networking expert to help you. The D-Link Wireless Manager is also included with this product to keep track of your most frequently accessed networks so that you can join them quickly and easily.
With unmatched wireless performance, reception, and security protection, the D-Link RangeBooster N USB Adapter (DWA-140) is a great choice for easily adding or upgrading wireless connectivity to your desktop or notebook PC.
WHAT THIS PRODUCT DOES
Connect your desktop or notebook computer to a wireless network and access a high-speed Internet connection, transfer files, and stream media from greater distances around your home or office.
RANGEBOOSTER N™ ADAPTER BENEFITS
- Delivers up to 12x faster speeds* and 4x farther range* than 802.11g.
- Access secure networks using WPA™ or WPA2™ encryption.
- Backward compatible with 802.11g networks.
- Easy to install and use with the included Quick Adapter Setup Wizard.
* Maximum wireless signal rate derived from IEEE Standard 802.11g and 802.11n specifications. Actual data throughput will vary. Network conditions and environmental factors, including volume of network traffic, building materials and construction, and network overhead, lower actual data throughput rate. Environmental factors will adversely affect wireless signal range. Wireless range and speed rates are D-Link RELATIVE performance measurements based on the wireless range and speed rates of a standard Wireless G product from D-Link. Maximum throughput based on D-Link’s 802.11n devices.
|||IEEE 802.11n |
|Wireless Frequency Range|
|||Wi-Fi Protected Access (WPA & WPA2)|
|||32° - 104° F (0° - 40° C)|
|||Item (WxDxH): 1.1” x 3.4” x 0.5”|
|||Packaging (WxDxH): 6.6” x 9.5” x 1.5”|
|||Item: 0.1 lbs|
|||Packaging: 0.5 lbs|
|Recommended System Requirements|
|||For Optimal Wireless Performance: |
Use with RangeBooster N Router (DIR-625)
|Minimum System Requirements|
|||Windows Vista®*** (32-bit only), Windows® XP SP2 or Windows 2000 SP4|
|||20MB Hard Disk Space|
|||For Internet Access:|
|||Cable or DSL Modem|
|||Subscription with an Internet Service Provider (ISP)|
|||RangeBooster N USB Adapter|
* Using a USB 1.1 port will affect device performance.
** 1-Year Limited Warranty available only in the USA and Canada.
*** Computer must adhere to Microsoft’s recommended System Requirements.
**** Latest software and documentation are available at http://support.dlink.com.
This product is based on IEEE 802.11n specifications and is not guaranteed to be forward compatible with future versions of IEEE 802.11n specifications. Compatibility with 802.11n devices from other manufacturers is not guaranteed. All references to speed and range, including the performance chart, are for comparison purposes only. Product specifications, size, and shape are subject to change without notice, and actual product appearance may differ from that depicted herein.