The D-Link PS2/USB Combo KVM Switch is a high-performance local remote management solution designed for small to medium server rooms that require access and control of multiple servers. Additional KVM switches can be cascaded allowing control of up to 512 (KVM-440) or 4096 (KVM-450) servers from a single console. The switch supports both USB and PS/2 platform servers and is fully compatible with all the major operating systems.
The KVM-440/450 allows you to control and monitor up to 8 or 16 PS/2 and USB platform servers from a single console. Instantly toggle between multiple computers using the front panel buttons, keyboard hot-keys,
or On-screen Display (OSD) menu. The OSD menu allows you to assign names to each connected PCs, providing easy and efficient server navigation. With a convenient Auto- Scan function, the KVM-440/450 automatically switch between multiple computers sequentially at preset intervals. Additionally, the front panel LEDs permit easy workstation/ server status monitoring.
The sturdy metal chassis is mountable in a standard 19” system rack. Multiple KVM switches can be cascaded together up
to three levels deep to expand your KVM configuration; cascaded units require no special configuration for easy installation. A PS/2 or USB keyboard is emulated on each terminal allowing all connected computers to successfully boot up without keyboard errors. Hot-plug compliant allows you to add or disconnect computers without turning your PCs off. Finally, upgradable firmware ensures compatibility with the latest hardware.
The KVM-440/450 supports VGA, SVGA, and MultiSync monitors at resolutions of up to 2048 x 1536 with refresh rates of up to 65 Hz. With the password protection function, this KVM switch allows you to specify the name and password for an administrator and up to 3 users to prevent unauthorized users from accessing the KVM Switch. Reliable, convenient and scalable, the D-Link PS2/USB Combo KVM Switch is an ideal local remote management solution for your data center.
- On-Screen-Display (OSD) & Cascade Chain functions
- Intuitive on-screen menus for quick and efficient navigation
- Three level password access: Administrator, User and Viewer
- Supports cascade chaining for control of up to 4096 PCs1
- PS/2 or USB keyboard emulation for error-free boot up
- Supports hot-plugging
- Supports 3 switching methods: Front Panel Button, Hot-Keys on a PS/2 keyboard, OSD Menu (On-Screen-Display)
- Supports Auto-Scan function
- Front panel LEDs for PC and/or server status indication
- Supports monitor resolutions up to 2048 x 1536
- Audible feedback when switching
- Supports Windows, Linux, Mac OS9/OSX, and Sun Microsystems Operating Systems
- Fully compliant with USB 1.1/ 2.0 specifications
- Rack mountable in 19” system rack (1U)
- 8 (Single KVM)
- up to 512 (Cascade Chaining)
- Switch Button, Hot-Keys (PS/2 Keyboard), and On-Screen-Display (OSD)
- "Red for PC Selected
- Green for PC On-Line/Ready"
- 8 x HDB-15 female
- "Support both PS/2 and USB platform servers"
- 1 x 6 pin mini-DIN female (Keyboard)
- 1 x 6 pin mini-DIN female (Mouse)
- 1 x HDB-15 female (Video)
Firmware Upgrade Port
- Max. resolution up to 2048 x 1536 @ 65 Hz
- Windows 98SE/ME/2000/2003/2008/XP/Vista/7, Mac OS 9/OS X, Linux and Sun Microsystems
Dimensions (L x W x H)
- 17.3 x 6.1 x 1.5 inches (44 x 15.7 x 4.5 cm)
* 1-Year Limited Warranty available only in the USA and Canada.